We are committed to protecting the privacy and any personal information we collect. We collect personal information primarily to enable us to service you better. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, policy or claim information, financial or other information as may be required by our underwriters. We collect, retain and use for the purpose of serving their business needs and providing services to them. WazInsure may also use this information to promote or market its current and future services to you or for any other purpose. If the information provided to us is not accurate or complete, we may not be able to provide accurate information requested or related services. We may also collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us including your email address, name, address, business name and address and details of other policies that you hold;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us or your insurer, on or in relation to this website. This includes information relating to any quotes or renewal invitations you receive, or purchases you make, of the products and services we offer, as well as changes you make to your quotes or policies or claims you make through them;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others;
- Applications or other forms such as claims forms or underwriting questionnaires that you submit to us and others;
- Information that you provide to us in the course of using our Customer Services facilities;
- Third party information from public sources such as the internet or governmental agencies.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
This notice describes how we handle personal information. It is only for your information; no action on your part is needed. WazInsure also collects information from other companies such as market research companies, but only where you have provided your consent to the company to be contacted by third parties.
2) SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you details of and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- The information is essential in servicing or processing the insurance needs of our clients in a way that is customary and necessary among independent insurance agents in our industry. Our services and processes might include, for example, but are not limited to, underwriting, obtaining renewal terms, rating, placement and providing quotes for insurance that is suitable to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send you newsletters and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Create and inform you of products or services that may better meet your needs;
- Conduct market research and tracking of advertising, enquiry and sales data;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you related to the website.
- Protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- Resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Compliance with the law.
- Protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability.
We assure you that it is not our policy to share your private information with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. In providing you services and using personal information, WazInsure may be required to disclose your, personal information to your insurer, insurance agent, insurance broker, TPA, etc. We will not disclose your personal information to anyone, other than as above, unless:
- You authorize us to do so
- Your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk, or
- We are required or permitted by law
You can contact us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent.
3) CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. We will take responsible steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date, but we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your contact details and any other personal information. If you believe that any personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us immediately.
4) SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Our Company maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with state regulations to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We appreciate your business and in order to continue building upon that relationship, we believe it is necessary not only from a legal standpoint but also as a sound business practice that you, our customer, understand the care our uses in handling your information. We take all responsible steps to ensure your personal information is kept secure. We only permit our authorized personnel to access your personal information, and information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority.
“Cookies” are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a website. A cookie is an element of data which a website can send to your internet browser, for storage on your system. We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our website, and to personalize our website for you. We may also use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
6) INTERNET SECURITY
You acknowledge that the internet is not a secure environment. If you send us any information when you use this application, such information is sent at your own risk.
7) THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This application contains information which is provided to us by third parties. We retain the right (but not the obligation) to reject, edit, or remove any information a third party provides for display on this application. We do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by a third party for display on this application.
8) EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS
This application may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided by us for your convenience, only, and may not remain current or be maintained. Website links on this application must not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the linked website or its content. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
9) DISCLAIMERS & GENERAL CONDITIONS
You must not:
Tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorized modifications to this application; knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling features to this application; or attempt any of the above acts or permit another person to do any of the above acts.
10) COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
- If you are a business customer, please note that any notice given by you to us, or by us to you, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e- mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- If you are a consumer and wish to contact us in writing, or if any condition in this License requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by e-mail to email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by e-mail.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre- paid post to the address you provide to us in your order for the Software.
If you have questions please write to:
WazInsure Services Limited Company
PO Box 37630 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya